The is one of the most reliable means of joining two lines that are of dissimilar diameter.
- Create a loop in the heavier monofilament line. Pass about 10 inches of lighter line through the loop.
- Take 12 tight wraps back around the heavier strands and the standing portion of the lighter line.
- Pass the tag end of the lighter line out through the loop on the opposite side of where it entered.
- Hold the two heavy mono strands securely as you alternately pull on the tag end and standing part of the lighter line to begin tightening the knot.
- Seat the knot by pulling on the standing parts of both lines. Trim the tag ends.